Global Emergency Medicine Committee
For RCEM to be a world-leader in the development of global emergency medicine that is clinically excellent, evidence-based, compassionate and equitable.
- To provide a network for members and fellows involved in global emergency medicine
- To promote global emergency medicine activities to RCEM members and fellows
- To connect with other emergency medicine associations globally
- To develop global emergency medicine as a sub-speciality
- To encourage opportunities for practice, training and research in global emergency medicine
- To support the development of resources for emergency medicine systems globally
Getting to know you
In order to support our members and fellows involved in global emergency medicine work, we would like to connect with you to gain insight into your work, to help with networking between teams and get you involved in setting the agenda for the committee.
You can connect with us in the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @RCEMGlobal
- Facebook - We now have a closed Facebook page for our members and Fellows involved with in global emergency medicine work - please email firstname.lastname@example.org , DM us on Twitter and we’ll add you, or click to join at the page here!
- Your RCEM account - Just log into your account via the website and check the "Global EM Activity" box with the Communication Preferences section and we can keep in touch and send you updates
- GEM Networks - We are actively trying to link regional groups of members that have an interest in GEM who might like to meet other like-minded individuals working in the same region (of the UK eg. East Anglia/Sussex/London). It would be a forum to share ideas and encourage each other in Global EM. If you'd like to find out more or to join, please email GEMNetworks@rcem.ac.uk
Getting to know us
The current members and fellows serving on the committee are:
Giles Cattermole (Chair)
Najeeb Rahman - 2017 William Rutherford International Award recipient
Policies and links