If you only visit our website and do not create an account, we will not gather any personal information about you, information is only collected once you create an account on the RCEM system. The collection of this information is essential to ensure that we can provide the best possible service and experience.
RCEM collects information about you for the following reasons:
- To process membership applications
- To process E-Portfolio and training applications
- To process examination applications
- To process Direct Debit payments
- To process event and conference bookings
- Complainant and other individual in relation to enquiries made of the College
- Usage of RCEM Learning and CPD recording
- Job applications and details of current/former employees
Procurement of supplies and services
If at any point you wish to stop the processing of your data, please contact the relevant member of staff at RCEM, who will cease the processing of your data promptly and without delay, within one month of your contact.
This data is primarily collected as part of a ‘contract’ with you, i.e. for us to provide a service to you as listed above.
We may use the data that you have provided to let you know of any events that may count towards your CPD. RCEM intends to rely on the lawful basis of ‘legitimate interests’ for our existing members when sending direct marketing about events that may be of interest to you. RCEM will not send direct marketing to those who are not current members without their explicit consent.
These emails may come from RCEM, or from one of three third parties that we may pass your personal data on to, as they run events that may be applicable to you and your continuing professional development:
- Emergency Medicine Trainees' Association (EMTA)
- European Society for Emergency Medicine (EUSEM)
- Forum for Associate Specialist and Staff Grade Doctors in Emergency Medicine (FASSGEM)
The marketing of such events will always be related to our missions, values and objectives. The content of these events will always be professionally or socially relevant and should therefore always result in a positive benefit to you.
Please note that consent for this direct marketing can be withdrawn at any time via your account on the College website, or by contacting any member of staff.