What is the RCEM Wellbeing App?
Welcome to the Royal College of Emergency Medicine Wellbeing app page. This page provides information on the RCEM Wellbeing App, how to get access, and how to use it to support your wellbeing.
RCEM have partnered with 87%, and alongside a team of psychologists, built a fully customised mental wellbeing app specific to the needs of emergency physicians. All Fellows and Members will receive free access until the end of the year, to help them to monitor and track their wellbeing throughout this especially difficult time.
RCEM launches RCEM Wellbeing app in partnership with 87% – 31st March 2020
How do I get access to the app?
- Every member* will receive a personal invitation that includes instructions for how to register. This email will be sent to the email address on your College Membership account. The app is going is also provided to all practitioners working in the ED, to register your interest please follow this link.
- You will then be prompted to download the app and create an account. You may choose any email address you wish. Once registered, you’ll have full access to the app and its resources.
- The app contains a wellbeing questionnaire that measures 7 dimensions of mental wellbeing. You can choose to focus on the specific dimensions pertinent to you, or complete every section to receive a full view of your overall mental wellbeing.
- After you’ve completed your questionnaire, you’ll receive a score in each dimension and bespoke guidance for how to improve or maintain your health in certain areas. You’ll be encouraged to remeasure every 90 days to stay on top of change over time.
If you need help with any of the steps above, contact email@example.com
*The RCEM Wellbeing app is available to all active Members from 1 April 2020 and will be available to all new members joining through the remainder of the year.
I’m having trouble, can you help me?
Below are the basic instructions you will need to get you started, further support can be found in our FAQs document here. If you require support or have questions about using the app please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I create a new account?
First you’ll need to download the app built by 87% (please search for 87percent).
- For iPhone users - to download from the Apple App store click here
- For Android users - to download from the Google Play Store click here
Then when prompted, you’ll need to enter:
1 - The unique code we sent to your RCEM Membership email account (if you haven't received this or need it to be resent please contact email@example.com)
2 - Your preferred email address,
3 - A new password - You’ll need to remember your email and password for later logins, but you only need to enter the code one time.
Why would I use the app?
The app contains a wellbeing questionnaire which addresses 7 dimensions of health. Upon completion of a mental fitness profile, you’ll receive a score and fitness programme with routine bite-sized actions to help you stay on track. You’ll also get custom advice and monthly reports to help you stay aware of your progress.
The College is keen to ensure that Fellows and Members have their individual needs addressed, so the RCEM Wellbeing App is filled with content that will have something for everyone. The app also highlights tips, tricks, services and websites which can offer advice and support more widely.
This app is convenient, accessible, secure and entirely private with only aggregated and anonymised data being shared with the College to track the wellbeing of our specialty as a whole.
RCEM have partnered with 87% provide the RCEM Wellbeing App for Fellows and Members to have the tools they need to Measure, Understand and Improve their mental wellbeing. Having good knowledge about one’s own mental fitness empowers people to make small changes that make big differences to their work-life and relationships.
How do I know this app is helpful?
This app was built by a team of psychologists who have worked in a wide range of NHS clinical settings. The team has built an evidence-based, best practice approach to mental wellbeing for staff who work in the NHS, as well as more widely.
The wellbeing assessments are psychometrically valid and using Cronbach’s alpha, the reliability of each measure ranges in strength from 0.68 - 0.80. The assessments in the app were built under the guidance of Psychiatrist and Professor Chris Evans, co-creator of the CORE-OM (Clinical Outcomes in Routine Evaluations), measures that are widely used in the NHS and other clinical settings.
Further Wellbeing support from RCEM
The app will provide links to many wellbeing resources available through RCEM and trusted external sources. RCEM has produced the following resources to support your wellbeing:
RCEM Wellness Compendium
RCEM mental health support
EMTA rest and sleep campaign
The full range of RCEM resources on sustainable working can be found here .
Data processing agreement
RCEM recognises the importance of protecting the personal information of its Fellows and Members. Though the provision of the RCEM Wellbeing app, no personal data is shared with 87%.
The email address of members will only be used to send a personal invitation from the RCEM Wellbeing app and subsequent member-specific wellbeing newsletters. Should you wish to unsubscribe from all future wellbeing emails, you can do so from the link at the bottom of these emails or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to delete your data, you may do so at any time from within the app.