Applying for Membership
How to apply for Membership
All applications for membership of the College can be made at anytime and are completed online via the links below.
Following approval, you will be a member of the College and have full access to the benefits and resources associated with your membership category.
If you have previously registered for an event or an exam with the College, you will already have an online account. Please login to this existing account to complete your membership application rather than create a new account.
However if you are new to the College then please register an account first.
Registered but not a member
New to RCEM registration and membership application
- Start a membership application by clicking here. You will be asked to login using your existing username (generally your preferred email address) and your password.
- If you cannot remember your login details please click on the 'forgot my password link' or call 0207 067 4376 and we will able to reset your password for you.
- Click Create an Account to start the process.
- Select either 'Become a member of the College' or 'Become a member of the College and access ePortfolio'.
- Once you have created an online account you will then be able to progress with the on-line application.
Submitted applications will be processed and approved by the Membership Team, with the aim of all applications being approved within five working days. If there is a query with the membership application or insufficient information has been provided then the Membership Team will be in touch with you to resolve this.
Once approved all applications will be presented to Council for ratification which meet at least four times a year. Please note that Council may overturn an approval and if this does occur a letter will be sent explaining the reason why and a refund will be given.
Once approved you will receive an email that day from the membership team confirming your membership followed by a letter confirming your membership approval.
If you have requested to pay by Direct Debit you will receive confirmation of your Direct Debit payment plan with your membership approval letter. If you have requested to pay by Credit/Debit card then you can pay either on-line or over the phone once your has been approved.
Membership subscriptions are based on a calendar year, when you join as a member you will pay a pro rata amount until the end of the year with a full annual fee due for the following year.
Subscriptions can be paid online via your RCEM account or over the phone using a Credit/Debit card or via Direct Debit where we provide monthly as well as annual payment options. Direct Debit payments are collected on the first working day of the month with annual payments due on the first working day of February every year where as monthly instalments will be split across a maximum of ten monthly instalments.