Changes to ePortfolio
We have listened to your feedback and are making changes to our ePortfolio.
Our new ePortfolio system will launch in August 2021 and is designed to better support clinicians in training. To this end it is being launched to coincide with the new Emergency Medicine curriculum for trainees. Doctors in training preparing for CCT or CESR against the 2015 curriculum will still have access to the 2015 curriculum in the new ePortfolio, as will our ACP colleagues for the ECACP Credentialing curriculum.
We’re here to support you through these changes, please visit our FAQ page on the RCEM training page if you require any further information and much more information will be shared with you during the first half of 2021.
To ensure the least disruption for our users we have produced this document alongside some useful FAQs.
The below is a timeline of key events that our eportfolio users should be aware of before launch.
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs) added to RCEM website
- Update in monthly RCEM newsletter
- Update within end of year Membership renewal letter
- ePortfolio feedback survey circulated to our current NES ePortfolio users
- Initial validation of data migration (Aug 2020 – Apr 2021)
- Kaizen Pilot testing begins
- Pilot user guides in PDF and Video format produced
- Kaizen preview video for new platform released on RCEM website
- Kaizen Pilot ends
- Feedback received from Pilot users
- Improvement implementation
- Second stage of migrated data validation (Apr 2021 – Jul 2021)
- Continued improvements/adjustments
- 31 July NES system closes
- All users migrated to Kaizen platform
- All users sent their Kaizen login credentials
- Final data migration validation (Jul 2021 – Sep 2021)
- System goes live for current and new trainees/trainers
- All users receive ‘how to guides’ and training videos
- All historic user data is transferred and accessible in Kaizen
- Validation of migrated data
- Implementation of 2021 curriculum
- Configuration of Kaizen platform
- Improvements based on user experience
- Updates in Monthly RCEM newsletter
- Development of user guidance material in different formats
- ePortfolio and curriculum road shows throughout different regions
- Study days/ regional events
- ePortfolio drop-in sessions (Zoom, Twitter, etc)
The RCEM ePortfolio is platform that allows RCEM members, with the appropriate category, to create a learning record that provides actual evidence of achievement to support either their progression through a recognised training programme or provide evidence on their professional development for future use.
The RCEM ePorfolio is available through the NHS ePortfolios platform nhseportfolios.org
Access to the ePortfolio
If you wish to have ePortfolio access you will need to complete the online application form.
To obtain more information about the fees and process, please visit our membership pages.
If you are an existing member who would now like to have access to the ePortfolio please complete an online application form or contact the membership team who will be able to assist you with this.
Upon successful application a username and password will be issued which will allow you access to the RCEM ePortfolio; this can take up to 10 working days.
Please be aware that Core EM Trainees (CT1-3), HST trainees (ST4-6), Run-Through-Trainees (ST1-6) and those in LAT or FTSTA posts need to register with the College.
These are separate processes to applying for Membership of the College or registering with the LETB/deanery.
Educational / Clinical supervisors
Educational / Clinical supervisors, who do not already have an account on NHS ePortfolios, should complete the ePortfolio Educational Supervisors form , and email it to ePortfolio@RCEM.ac.uk
Those in non-training posts must identify an EM consultant to act as an educational supervisor.