The introduction of the new curriculum in August 2021 brings with it a number of changes to the suite of EM examinations. These changes are the culmination of over three years of consultation, development and refinement and they are designed to offer significant improvements to both content, delivery and process.
Key changes from August 2021:
- Reduction in number of exam components
- FRCEM Critical Appraisal and QIP removed as distinct examination component (QI and research will be assessed by portfolio evidence for UK trainees)
- Written exam format changing to Single Best Answer questions (SBAQ)
- Reintroduction of MRCEM OSCE into the GMC approved suite of exams
- From 1 August 2021, MRCEM achieved after 1 August 2012 is valid for entry to HST and FRCEM examinations
Examination requirements for award of MRCEM after August 2021
For further information regarding each individual examination component, please refer to the relevant section on the Regulations and Application Pack page
If you have any queries regarding the College examinations please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +44 (0) 20 7067 1268.