Dates & Fees
A number of examinations have been cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
2020 examinations calendar updated 29 June 2020
Fully completed application forms must be submitted no later than 5pm (GMT) on the stated closing date. Applications received after this will not be accepted.
Statement from the Dean of the College regarding examination closing dates (19 December 2018)
*FRCEM Intermediate SAQ examination is held in the morning (UK time) and the SJP examination follows in the afternoon. Overseas examination times vary by time zone.
**FRCEM Final SAQ examination is held in the morning and the FRCEM Final Critical Appraisal follows in the afternoon.
Examination Fees 2020
FRCEM Primary, Intermediate SAQ, Intermediate SJP & MRCEM OSCE
- FRCEM Primary - £310.00 (UK Centres) or £390 (Iceland, Malaysia and Oman)
- FRCEM Intermediate Short Answer Question paper - £305.00 (UK Centres) or £385 (Iceland, Malaysia and Oman)
- FRCEM Intermediate Situational Judgement Paper - £200.00 (UK Centres) or £280 (Malaysia)
- MRCEM (OSCE) Objective Structured Clinical Examination - £450.00 (UK and India Centres) or £650 (Malaysia)
FRCEM Final Examinations
- Clinical SAQ - £300.00
- Critical appraisal SAQ - £240.00
- QIP - £150.00
- OSCE - £420.00
Examination fees 2021
FRCEM Intermediate and MRCEM exams
- FRCEM Primary - £330
- FRCEM Intermediate Short Answer Question paper - £335
- FRCEM Intermediate Situational Judgement Paper - £220
- MRCEM (OSCE) Objective Structured Clinical Examination - £450.00 (UK and India Centres)
- MRCEM Primary - £330
- MRCEM SBA - £335
FRCEM Final Examinations
- Clinical SAQ - £345
- Critical appraisal SAQ - £265
- QIP - £150
- OSCE - £465
- FRCEM SBA - £345
MRCEM Examinations - Overseas Centres
Any candidate who wishes to sit the examination in an overseas centre will be required to contact the local administrator to pay the local fee. Full details will be sent to all candidates allocated a place.
The College runs a number of examinations overseas (Iceland, India,Oman,and Malaysia) in collaboration with our overseas Emergency Medicine Colleges and organisations. Candidates wishing to sit examinations at an overseas centre should apply online during the specified application window. Once entry is confirmed, candidates are required to contact the overseas centre to pay any additional local fees (not applicable for Oman, Iceland and Malaysia, local fee collected at time of online application).
Tax Relief on Examination Fees for UK trainees
The Emergency Medicine Trainees' Association (EMTA) has collated detailed advice for trainees, 'Claiming Back the Costs of Training', which available to download via the EMTA website.