We will be using Ex Ordo for the abstract management for this conference, a leading systems provider in the field.
In order to submit an abstract please create an account on Ex Ordo by following this link.
The deadline for submissions is 28 June 2019 at 23:59 BST.
Scoring and rating will take place from 1 July and notifications of successful and unsuccessful presenters will take place from the week commencing 22 July 2019.
Further guidance is available below however if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to email the events team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7067 1278.
- The abstract presentation types at conference are:
- Rod Little Award Presentations (open to EM trainees only) – 10 mins oral presentation, 5 mins questions
- RCEM Free papers (top non-trainees) – 10 mins oral presentation, 5 mins questions
- RCEM Free papers – 10 mins oral presentation, 5 mins questions
- RCEM Lightning presentations - 5 mins oral presentation 2 min questions
- Moderated Posters - 1 slide, 2 mins oral presentation, 3 min questions
- RCEM Posters - displayed in A0 size, poster portrait format
- APEM Elizabeth Molyneux Prize 10 mins oral presentation, 5 mins questions
- APEM Lightning presentations - 5 mins oral presentation 2 min questions
- APEM Posters - displayed in A0 size, poster portrait format
- Reviewers look at the following aspects and weight them as indicated:
a.Originality & importance to EM (0 - 10)
b.Methodology (0 - 20)
c.Conclusions supported (0 - 5)
d.Quality of writing (0 - 5)
- We are happy to accept published or unpublished work, providing that it has not been presented at another UK Emergency Medicine National conference.
- Abstracts are limited to 2,000 characters (equivalent to around 300 words).
- All abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by 2 judges.
- If you select a category, this helps us to mark and categorise your work, however this does not hinder you from being considered for other areas.
- Abstracts that are not successful for oral presentations may be considered for posters depending on the quality of work submitted.
- APEM sessions will be on day 1 of conference.
This year’s key submission themes are:
- Leadership and management
- Quality improvement / Patient safety
- Health services (e.g. design and delivery, novel technology)
- Pre-hospital care
- Trauma and musculoskeletal
- Acute medicine and surgery
- Airway and procedural sedation
- Mental health
- Global health
- Emergency medicine