The International Committee was established in 2008 with the objective of co-ordinating all international activities on behalf of the College, with the following responsibilities:
- Help advance the international development of Emergency Medicine.
- Collaborate with and integrate the College representatives to IFEM and EuSEM.
- Consider issues of mutual interest between the College and international organisations including facilitating exchanges of trainees and emergency physicians.
- Provide information and guidance to International Medical Graduates on training in Emergency Medicine in theUK.
- Coordinate UK/Irish participation in international conferences.
- Propose good practice of international development of Emergency Medicine to the Council and to act on it.
- Promote examinations of the College internationally and to advise the Council and Education and Examinations Committee on this development.
- Work with the Dean and Education and Examinations Committee to coordinate examinations abroad.
- Liaise with the Research and Publication Committee regarding international research
- Conduct any other international business as directed by the Council.
- Conduct all responsibilities in a manner sensitive to the host country.
- Reviewing nominations for the William Rutherford International Award.
The committee is chaired by Dr Ruth Brown.
The College is a member of two international Emergency Medicine organisations: EuSEM and IFEM. More information about these organisations can be found in the links below.
To read the latest International Committee news you can download the latest edition of our newsletter
To read the Principles for international collaboration, you can download it here
If you would like to contact the committee please do so via the committee administrator email@example.com
Address: International Committee, The Royal College of Emergency Medicine, 7-9 Breams Buildings, London, EC4A 1DT, UK
College work overseas
The College conducts MRCEM exminations in centres overseas as well as providing advice and working with other organisations. Further details can be found in the examinations section.
International Forum - AoMRC
RCEM is pleased to be a member of the International Forum of the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges. Through this forum the College can maximise the work with colleagues around the world and improve the care of emergencies internationally. Further information is available on the Forum site.