Annual Awards 2017/18
The RCEM Annual Awards, in its first year, was created to showcase excellence, celebrate success within the speciality and to encourage interest in Emergency Medicine.
This year there will be four awards:
- Emergency Department Clinical Team of the year
- Emergency Medicine Training Department of the year
- Emergency Department Quality Improvement Project of the year
- Emergency Department Patient Experience Project of the year
Awards will be presented by the President of the College at the Annual Scientific Conference 2017
on Monday 16 October in Liverpool.
Applications opening on 31 May 2017.
Entrants will be required to:
- Provide written answers to key performance questions, submitted on an online entry form.
- Supply evidence to support your entry.
- Produce one PowerPoint slide that visually summarises your application.
Start thinking about your application….
Questions for the Emergency Department Clinical Team of the year award:
Questions for the Emergency Medicine Training Department of the year award:
- What makes you the best Emergency Department clinical team of the year?
- What quality improvements have you implemented in your Emergency Department, including safety initiatives and examples of innovation and/or research?
- State examples of successful team working and communication, both within your ED and multi-disciplinary.
- What challenges does your Emergency Department face and how have you overcome them?
Questions for the Emergency Department Quality Improvement Project of the year award:
- Why are you nominating this department? What makes this training department different and special?
- How does this department contribute to teaching/exams both regionally and nationally? Does this department run any external teaching or training of other staff?
- How are trainees supported and have you examples of innovative teaching methods to inspire and empower?
- What are the trainees’ roles in teaching in this department?
- What is the title of your Quality Improvement Project? What makes your Quality Improvement Project the best of the year?
- Describe the process of your quality improvement project. Why did you do this project? What did you learn? What worked and what didn’t work.
- How do you know that you have been successful? We are interested in meaningful outcomes and evidence of sustainability.
- How does the speciality of Emergency Medicine benefit from your QIP? Why do other Emergency Department staff need to know about your project?
Questions for the Emergency Department Patient Experience Project of the year award:
- What makes your patient experience project the best of the year?
- Describe the process with regards to implementing this project.
- What were the challenges faced and how were they overcome?
- What can the speciality of Emergency Department learn from this project?
- Evidence to demonstrate that your strategy has improved the patient experience.